[IPython-dev] edit not executing on Windows

Kevin Buchs kevin.buchs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:02:47 EST 2011

I have worked through the configuration so I might call emacs from a server
for my editor on MS Windows. However, I noted that the edited code is not
executed, though I have saved it. I am running the 0.12 beta. Here is the
snippet from my ipython_qtconsole_config.py:

import sys
if sys.platform == 'win32':
  c.IPythonWidget.editor = 'c:/apps/emacs/bin/emacsclient.exe -a
c:/apps/emacs/bin/runemacs.exe'
else:
  c.IPythonWidget.editor = 'emacsclient -a emacs'

There have been times in the past when I wished there was a way to invoke
the editor without executing the results, but now it seems to be behaving
that way all the time.

Have I missed something?