[IPython-dev] !commands in the zmq model

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:12:01 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe the current development is here:
>
>   http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/goreckc/sage/wexpect/
>
> You may want to check with the author, Chris K. Gorecki
> <firstname.middleinitial.lastname at gmail (fill in the blanks)> for information.

Robert, we owe you one more :)  I just got a full confirmation from
Chris Gorecki that his version remains MIT licensed, and he says that
as far as he knows, it's working and fully functional.  So at least we
have a good starting point.  He also was interested in any
fixes/improvements we might make, so the code isn't really dead per
se.

If it works well for us, later it might be worth cleaning it up to
have a common base plus the windows/posix layers in separate files,
rather than as an inline 'if platform' set of statements like it is
now.

Thanks again for pointing that out to me!  We'll report on how it goes
once we can do some windows testing, it would be fabulous to have on
win32 the kind of very robust subprocess support we have right now on
posix.

Regards,