[IPython-dev] IPython HTTP frontend

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 03:28:09 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM, James Gao <james at jamesgao.com> wrote:
> I've been coding up an HTTP frontend for the new ipython zmq kernel. This
> gives a convenient interface to access the kernel directly from one web
> client, or even multiple web clients across the network. Please see my pull
> request, http://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/179 and give me comments.
> Thanks!

It would be great if another pair of eyes, especially from someone
with experience with web apps, could give James feedback.  I know very
little about web architectures, so in my review I couldn't really
meaningfully comment on those parts.

But in my testing so far the tool works great and there's no doubt
that we want something like this.  We'll obviously continue polishing
it once it's merged, but since it's a substantial amount of new code,
a good review from others with this kind of experience would be very
welcome.

And thanks a lot to Mark Voorhies and Carlos Cordoba who have already
pitched in with comments!