[IPython-dev] IPython 0.10.1 -pylab

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Sun Oct 10 12:41:42 EDT 2010

Peter Butterworth skrev 2010-10-05 20:56:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following issue with IPython 0.10.1 /IPython 0.10 with
> python 2.6 and only on Windows 32/64bits in pylab mode (it works fine
> in regular ipython) :
> I can't cd to a directory with an accentuated character.

> [Error 2] Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable: 'c:/Python_tests/001/b\xc3\xa9'
> c:\Python_tests\001
>
> I hope this can be solved as it is really quite annoying.

For me there are some issues with the default codepage that is set in
the console window when you launch python.

If you are having the same problem I have experienced then
<http://packages.python.org/pyreadline/usage.html#international-characters>
may help you resolve your issues.
If not please let me know and I will try to improve the explanation.

/Jörgen