[IPython-dev] IPython-dev Digest, Vol 82, Issue 14

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:32:43 EST 2010

On 22 November 2010 18:00, <ipython-dev-request at scipy.org> wrote:

> should be here: http://github.com/ipython/ipython-py3k
> I think it's still not as solid as 2.x version.

Basic terminal operation is pretty good now (but please test it and report
any bugs you find at https://github.com/ipython/ipython-py3k/issues ). One
of the new things for IPython 0.11, however, is to be a system of multiple
frontends (first off, a Qt console), communicating with IPython via the ZMQ
framework. I've not had much luck getting this bit running with Py 3k (last
time I tried, pyzmq 2.0.10 wouldn't even compile on my computer), so any
help there is welcome.

Let me know if you want any pointers on getting set up.

Thomas