[IPython-dev] Curses Frontend

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:35:32 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:
>> Yes, we need to decide what to do with ipipe for 0.11.  My feeling is that
>> it should be hosted as a separate project (that is why it is in deathrow)
>> but this has not been discussed.
>
> I have no problem with taking ipipe out of the IPython distribution and
> releasing it as a separate project.
>
> We could have a page in the IPython wiki that lists all external IPython
> extensions.

I'm not convinced we need to pull ipipe out, *if it can be
maintained/tested along with the rest of  the code*.  So if you think
you can update the code/tests, I don't see a need to pull it out, as
long as it can be brought up to the current api/standards, and you can
foresee maintaining it in the future.