[IPython-dev] Curses Frontend

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:32:28 EST 2010

Hi Wendell,

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Wendell Smith <wackywendell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have decided to implement a curses frontend to ipython.

I just got back from the jungle but I have a mad day today finishing
up here before traveling tonight back to the States, so it will be
another couple of days before I can dive back into this.  I just
wanted to give you a *very enthusiastic* note: your timing is perfect,
and we are right at the point of pushing the code to implement
precisely this.

Brian's feedback is spot on, and hopefully by week's end we can start
hammering design specifics, so that we can get both a curses and a qt
frontend that share as much of the core machinery as possible.