[IPython-dev] iptest on 0.11.alpha1.git

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:06:27 EDT 2010

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:
> A simple question before showing the test suite results:
> What is git equivalent of svn revision number? Is it the commit id
>http://github.com/ipython/ipython

Yes, the commit hash.  The first 7 or 8 characters typically suffice,
unless you have a gigantic git repo like the linux kernel, which
already needs 10 or 11 to ensure uniqueness because it has collisions
on the first 9 characters.

I know about this test failure, it's something really odd that *only*
happens on Fedora.    I have no idea why, I've been able to reproduce
it with Fedora virtual machines but never on any other system.

We'll try to revisit it later, but it's an old one and I can't dive
into a Fedora expedition right now.  It may be a fairly tricky bug to
understand.  It would be great if you want to help out, I just want to
give you a fair warning of what may be involved.