[IPython-dev] Message spec draft more fleshed out

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 04:02:14 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

here:

http://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/106bc2e0587d315db67988c1803b8574fc54463a/docs/source/development/messaging.txt

is a more fleshed out message spec document for feedback.  I'd
especially like to hear from Omar and Gerardo if you notice any
important point missing, since you've been thinking a fair bit about
this.

For the stdin socket I changed a little bit things from how Omar implemented it:

http://github.com/omazapa/ipython/blob/master/IPython/zmq/kernel.py#L496

so that we have full message headers in here as well, but it's the same idea.

This document is still in evolution, but we think we're starting to
have a decent specification of the protocol, so now any and all
comments are valid.  If we've missed anything important, forgotten
something or misdesigned anything at this level, speak up :)