[IPython-dev] IPythonQt GSoC update

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:16:50 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Gerardo Gutierrez
<muzgash.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mashburn wrote:
>
> Hello Gerardo,
>
> My name is David Mashburn and I am a graduate student in Physics at
> Vanderbilt University.
>
> I saw your GSoC proposal for IPythonQt, and though it looked very
> interesting!
>
> I just wanted to let you know about my project as you start work on yours.
>  I have built a notebook interface atop wxPython's PyCrust and called it
> PySlices.  It uses scintilla markers for "slice" (cell) separation, has
> multi-line support, and has a text-based "almost python" save format.  I
> also added a little ipython-style magic, because I couldn't find an easy way
> to wrap ipython.

Great, I hope you can collaborate with David and exchange as much
information as possible.

Please make sure to establish communication with David (you should
invite him to join the list) as I'm sure that there will be many
useful discussions to be had.