[IPython-dev] Moving to git/github

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:15:47 EDT 2010

On 15-Apr-10, at 2:00 PM, Brian Granger wrote:

> Another point is that github itself is one of the main reasons that I
> am in favor of the transition to git.  Launchpad drives me absolutely
> crazy, github gives me warm fuzzy feelings and sets my mind at peace.

+1 on git and GitHub in general. I think I've only ever submitted one
patch to IPython but I think I'd be more inclined to do so if not for
the albatross of learning Launchpad hanging over my head. Every time I
try to do something as simple as report a bug or browse the source I
can't seem to find the right bloody menu.

David