[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:53:05 EDT 2009

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get to this issue again. I've started from a remote
>> node, but I still have the issue with the Connection refused, and this
>> is the moment where the LSF job actually crashes (it is running before
>> it tries to connect).
>>

> Matthieu,
>
> Sorry, I am a bit foggy on this one.

No problem, I know the feeling (espcially one month after).

Can you refresh my memory and describe
> exactly which iteration you are trying.

I'm trying to get ipython working with LSF. I did manage to submit the
job and let it run on the nodes.
The first issue I face is that $HOME is not the same location on the
LSF nodes than on the main computer. This is an issue that should be
tackled with the refactoring of ipython (adding the possibility of
setting the path for the controller and a different pass for the
engines, if I understood ipython correctly).
Meanwhile, I've tried to launch ipcluster from an LSF node (I have an
SSH access too for debugging purposes). So in this case, I don't have
a $HOME problem. This time, it's the ipcontroller-mec.furl file that
has a 127.0.0.1 as the controller IP. I've tried to replace it with
the node name, but I also a Conenction Refused error in the engines
logs when I try to create a MultiEngineClient.

I hope I summed up my issue properly.

Cheers,

Matthieu
--