[IPython-dev] Seeking half-day iPython/Sage tutorial May 21 or May 22

Michael Tobis tobis at ig.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 23 15:36:27 EDT 2009

I am writing on behalf of the University of Texas' Scientific Software Days
meeting. We are seeking someone to give a tutorial in some broadly useful
scientific software tool in Austin TX on May 21 or May 22.

iPython as a replacement for Matlab is a good candidate topic. We'd ideally
like to see side-by-side comparisons using matplotlib. Speakers who are
familiar with Sage and/or with parallel computing features of iPython1 would
be especially interesting.

We can cover travel, lodging and per diem for a speaker from North America.

If anyone on this list would be interested in giving a such a tutorial,
please get in touch with me.

thanks
Michael Tobis
University of Texas Institute for Geophysics
tobis at ig.utexas.edu