[IPython-dev] IPython <-> PuDB integration

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Fri Jul 10 10:25:44 EDT 2009

On Freitag 10 Juli 2009, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> > I hope this suggestion meets with your approval. :)
>
> Actually, it doesn't even need approval, optimally, since you can ship
> the ipython extension with PuDB. grep for expose_magic in source tree
> how to create new magic commands. There is also pydb integration in
> place already, it may give you some hints.

I'm a bit lost here. I've looked at pydbgr's (pydb's successor project)
IPython integration, here:
http://is.gd/1tADH

and its setup script, here:
http://is.gd/1tAF3

and I'm not sure I understand what's going on--especially where the IPython
integration code gets installed to and how it gets found by IPython.

Also, "%debug??" results in

    def magic_debug(self, parameter_s=''):
        self.shell.debugger(force=True)

which I couldn't quite trace any further.

Any hints?

Andreas