[IPython-dev] Interactive wx/pylab with no threads (PyOS_InputHook)

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 9 05:38:20 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:53:18AM -0800, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Wx *today* gives us Chaco, Mayavi2, Envisage, TraitsGUI and friends.
> That's a LOT of functionality that many of us need and use, and we
> can't really dump that user base.

It is not only but these tools. It is that if I need to develop and
deploy a GUI on all major platforms, and I need it to be BSD or LGPL, wx
is the best option I have, regardless of Traits. It is also the most used
in the Python community. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that many
labs have their custom tools that use wx.

Gaël