[IPython-dev] Getting current list of breakpoints in "sync with editor"

Nathan Huesken ipython at lonely-star.org
Thu Dec 3 04:20:39 EST 2009

Hi,

I sent this mail to the ipython user mailing list already, but I figured
this might be a better place to post.

I want to syncronize breakpoints between my interactive ipdb in ipython
and gvim. For this, I do in a file which I import with "import":

def write_breakpoints(ip,filename=""):
	breakpoints=ip.InteractiveTB.pdb.get_all_breaks()

#syncronize with the gvim editor
def sync(ip,filename,linenum,column):
	write_breakpoints(ip)

import IPython.ipapi
ip=IPython.ipapi.get()
ip.set_hook('synchronize_with_editor',sync)

This seemed to work before. But now (I have not touched it for some
time) it does not work anymore. The list of breakpoints is simply empty.

How can I get the current pdb instance? How can I get its breakpoints
within the sync-with-editor function?

Thanks!
Nathan