[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 04:10:25 EDT 2009

> OK, I have some improvements here:
> - I can connect to the controller, but I have first to copy the furl:
> $HOME on the headnode is not available on the computenode
> - with ipcontroller-engine.furl, it seems to be working.

Great, that is definitely progress!

> So the only issue is that I need to copy this furl file to the node,
> as they can't access the file. I may have had some furl files left
> inside that folder, which lead to the issue at hand. This should be
> done with --engine-furl-file=... I suppose? Is there a way of exposing
> it inside ipcluster, with kernel_config perhaps?

Yes, stale furl files can definitely cause problems if you are not using
persistent furl files.  Currently, ipcluster assumes that you will be using
a shared file system that all the engines and controller can read in the
same location.  Thus, we don't yet expose options like this to ipcluster.
BUT, we are in the middle of completely refactoring IPython's config
system.  Part of that work will be to make ipcluster more configurable.
This should happen sometime in the next 2 months.  In the meantime if you
have patches to add such an option to ipcluster, that would be fine.  Keep
us posted.

Cheers,

Brian