[IPython-dev] [Branch ~ipython-dev/ipython/trunk] Rev 1129: added ipy_gmail extension

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 02:33:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't you think it's worth at least running the code by everyone else
> to see if it's a good idea to have it in?  We ultimately all have to
> maintain the codebase together, so we all  have a stake in this.

Again, note that this is in extension code which implicitly holds no promise
of actually being useful. Notably, extension code can change how it behaves
quite randomly, and can fall out of maintenance as easily. This is why we
can take whole extensions as external contributions in quite a relaxed
fashion (and this is a good thing).

Thin of the "Extensions" directory as 'contrib' directory.