[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] IPython1 0.3 prerelease

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed May 14 02:04:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

>    1. Clean up the existing codebase and write lots of tests.
>    2. Separate the core functionality of IPython from the terminal to
>  enable IPython to be used from within a variety of GUI applications.
>    3. Implement a system for interactive parallel computing.
>
>  seems to imply that IPython1 will replace IPython. And if it isn't

IPython1 has become a bit more ambitious after that was written, but
the feature parity is still the target. It's just not there yet, and
the dependencies will probably still be there.

>  going to, what are the plans for ipython0 development?

It's still being maintained, most of the work is done by yours truly
(which has been the situation for 2 years already) . We are pretty
much ready to release 0.8.3 when the sphinx doc creation works
properly with pdf (or we work around the bug).

There are no ambitious future plans, apart from getting bugs fixed,
but that doesn't mean 0.8.3 will not have lots of new features ;-)

If you don't care about the docs and want new ipython0, get it from
launchpad (bzr branch lp:ipython)