[IPython-dev] IPython winpdb interface

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:35:35 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Laurent Dufréchou
<laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ville,
>
>  That's a GOOD idea :)

I think it will be handy too (pdb is a bit dated, usagewise). Now it's
up to Nir to create some kind of rpdb2 api we can use.

>  Does the %wpdb will:
>  - launch the winpdb GUI or
>  - only the server and we will have to launch the winpdb gui and attach to
>  the server manually or
>  - usage is only via rdpb server without winpdb GUI?

We will only launch the rpdb2 server and let the user launch winpdb
manually. The idea is to have rpdb2 running inside IPython process
constantly, taking care of all the debugging needs... we can store the
password to _ip.db, so it does not need to be entered every time
IPython is launched.