[IPython-dev] Replacing the user context with a non-dict

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:04:33 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we add a hook in here to allow the namespace to be more flexible? For some
> background: Python 2.4 allows one to use a non-dict mapping for the locals
> namespace in an exec statement, but a real dict is necessary for the globals. If
> there is only one namespace, it is considered a globals dict.

Sorry I haven't been more responsive, I'm at a conference and the
talks have actually been very good :)  But the answer is absolutely
yes to your request, after the whole context/with discusson with Eric,
it became clear that this is something we should support, it just
hadn't been done yet.

Please just make the lp ipython team membership request so we can add
you right away.