[IPython-dev] Bazaar on OS X

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 12:52:06 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2008 17:39:47 schrieb Brian Granger:
> Thanks for the comments on hg.  As Barry said, I don't think we want
> to revisit our choice of DVCS at this point.

Sure, I just took the opportunity to document the different for future
reference (maybe I put that up on some Wiki/Blog some day, but even now it
will get archived).  There are already lots of (mostly outdated) DVCS
comparisons out there, but I did not see this particular aspect (the presence
of a "mainline" concept) discussed anywhere.

> 4.  The few people who can give such an fair and accurate survey of
> the choices know so much about DVCS that I can't understand half the
> things they are talking about.

And then people like to improve "their" DVCS such that every such survey
becomes outdated sooner than you understood it...

Bottom line: I learned a lot from your public discussion of the particular
warts bzr/lp posed on IPython, but I did not and will not propose a hg
switch, don't worry.. ;-)

Greetings,
  Hans (who is looking forward to the frontend stuff, esp. for Qt4)