[IPython-dev] IPython development: course adjustment required

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 2 05:04:00 EDT 2008

hi there,
I am even more a spectator than John, but I fully concur with the
conclusions that incrementing ipy0 is the right approach. I have been
downloading both versions of ipython in order to check where were the
features I needed or wanted to explore, and the parallelism is certainly
not available to any ipython user as it stands now. I somewhat
sheepishly asked in this list a few weeks ago why there were no ipython1
executable  to try out the corresponding features!
You might even gain in developer's base by proceeding this way ;)

So, +1 big time on reconsidering developing ipy1 within ipy0!
best,
Johann