[IPython-dev] Tentative release plans...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:09:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm up to my neck in the testing stuff (but I just a *second* ago got
>> a key piece to work, so happy here :), so if anyone else can help with
>> some of this, that would be great.  If not, I guess Brian and I know
>> what we'll be doing Sunday evening :)
>
> I didn't mean for this to sound like more things that _you_ should be
> doing.  It was more of a reminder list to myself.  I would much rather
> have you continue on the testing stuff.  I can start to work on this
> other stuff later next week.

No worries, I didn't take it that  way :)

I did get most of the pieces working right, so I'll package things up
and push it upstream probably in a day or so.  There are a few more
things  I want to make sure work, but I think we're in pretty good
shape now.  It was surprisingly hard to get this code working even
though it's a fairly small amount, but I ended up chasing/fixing bugs
in all of Cython, doctest and nose.  Having to work over bugs in 3
separate codebases that aren't your own while trying to integrate them
felt like a root canal...

In any case, I'm reasonably happy with the outcome, even if it's not
perfect.  I'll clear my remaining todo items on that code and put it
in for others to review/comment.