[IPython-dev] wxIPython, where as gone _IP.system() ?

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:55:03 EST 2008

Hi fernando,ipython-devs,

Fernando,I see the same bug here under ubunutu. ('ls' command line not
working under wxIPython)

In fact it is an ipython update problem J

Here is a part of code I use to redirect shell command:

#we replace the ipython default shell command caller by our shell handler

#FIXME: any better solution welcome

 IPython.genutils.shell_ori = self._shell                #needed by windows

self._IP.system = self._shell                                     #needed
for linux

So it seems that with last commits (I was working with ipython 0.8.1)
_IP.system is no more called under linux.

Anybody as an idea of what have recently changed in the code that could
explain that?

I've looked at commit and traced the code, but it's a little bit hard  for
me to find which function I need to bypass.

I'll continue to look at it but any help is welcome!