[IPython-dev] Non-blocking interact() for GUI/IPython1 use

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:23:04 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 9:51 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the interest of making ipython trunk more likely to fit into the
> ipython1 framework, I made the blocking raw_input read_eval_print
> optional.

Thanks!  Some of the internal object layout for ipython may change,
since right now the main Shell object has a jillion things in it that
will be broken into subcomponents, but this is definitely the line of
thought we need to follow.

Hey Ville, what do you think of targetting mid-March for an 0.8.3
release that we could consider the baseline for integration?  How's
your calendar looking for that?

At that point, we'll have had a bit of time to look more at the
ipython1 code: Stefan vdW, Min and possibly Brian are coming to the
Enthought/scipy/sage meeting Feb 29, and the Paris scipy/nipy sprint
is March 17, so making a release in-between those two dates would be
perfect, giving us that release as a reference point for the Paris
sprint and an April or May target date for an alpha of the
ipython1-based main code.

How does that sound?