[IPython-dev] Release plan for 0.9

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:53:26 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't see your changeset addressing either the Shell or the iplib
>> uses of this, do they?  The Shell one is in the matplotlib Shell
>> class.
>
> The iplib one was already gone. The Shell one will be gone as soon as I remember
> how to push to launchpad again.

Great, thanks.  I'll then pull and merge.

>> I've now grabbed your branch, so I can test easily if you make fixes
>> and we can merge.  These changes are small and localized enough that
>> once we address this, I'm happy to do it.  It would also be good if
>> you add proper reST parameter descriptions to the docstrings of the
>> new functions you wrote.
>
> :Parameters:
>   something : type
>     Description.
>
> :Returns:
>   Description.

Yup, we're using epydoc-rest.  At scipy I'd like to talk with everyone
about uniformizing doc standards (M. Droetboom who did the lion's
share of the work for MPL will be there).  It  would be nice if
ipython/numpy/scipy/matplotlib/mayavi2/sympy all used the same doc
standard (we're already using sphinx in several of these, I think it's
worth integrating further).