[IPython-dev] Comments about IPython.frontend, getting ready for merge of ipython-sync-frontend

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:36:20 EDT 2008

Hi Barry,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Barry Wark <barrywark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian et al.,
>
> I don't have time to give your comments the time they deserve tonight
> so I wanted to just weigh in quickly on merging Gael's branch before
> the upcoming release. There are some significant changes I want to
> make to the frontendbase interface, mainly making the concept of a
> execution block more explicit, but I realize Gael has made great
> progress with his branch that diverged before I made those changes. I
> think the synchronous frontend should be merged in for the release if
> possible. I will hold of on my changes until the release has settled
> and we have time to evaluate how the newer frontend architecture. I
> have just one other comment, in line below, for the moment and will
> try to get you a more proper response soon.

Do you have a sense of how serious the conflicts are?  I've marked
Gael's branch and my testing one 'for merge' so we can easily see the
differences.

And will you be attending SciPy?  It seems Brian will be there, and so
will Gael and Stefan, so we may have a bunch of people simultaneously
available to discuss and hack (and anyone else on the list who will
make it to scipy is obviously welcome!).