[IPython-dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] readline support for OS X Leopard

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 18:41:58 EDT 2007

On Dienstag 30 Oktober 2007, Michael VanLandingham wrote:
> Well one way to do this, although perhaps crude, would be to check to
> see if the libreadline is really a link to editline, since on a
> default Leopard install, it is:
>
> [mvl ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 Oct 17 15:59 /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib@
> -> libedit.2.dylib
>
> I suppose one could also check for a "real" readline in "/usr/local",
> in case someone installed it.

What about multiple pythons/readlines?  I happend to look over the shoulder of
an OS X user yesterday, who had three versions of python installed on his
system.  (I would not suggest that this is a good idea, but AFAICS it happens
all too easy..)

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.