[IPython-dev] Regression bug in 0.8.x input filtering

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu May 24 10:50:48 EDT 2007

On Donnerstag 24 Mai 2007, Dan Milstein wrote:
> Okay, I'm sold on the %r as a reasonable magic, and whitespace
> splitting as a reasonable req.
I too think that whitespace splitting is reasonable, but I would never use %r.
OTOH, I see that every ipython user has his/her own habits.

> Specifically, we jump through some hoops right now so that:
>  > !thing?
>
> and
>
>  > !!thing?
>
> Trigger the shell handler, and *not* the help handler.  This was
> particularly important/useful because the qmark is a part of some
> valid shell commands.
Part of globs in particular.  globs are not evaluated by the shell in the
first (command) word, so I would suggest..
> maybe it's okay if !thing? triggers help, as long as:
>  > !thing (.*)?
>
> and
>
>  > !!thing (.*)?
exactly this.

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.