[IPython-dev] prefilter reorg status

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:51:23 EDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Care to post a status update of your prefilter cleanups? What actually
> got in, what's their shape now etc.?
>
> I'd liko to dump any kind of cleanups you might still have into svn
> just after 0.8.1, since I have some cleanups in that area in mind as
> well.
>
> And sorry if the answer to this question should be obvious, it
> happened on time when I had very little time for ipython.

At this point, it's probably worth starting to put this code into the
new work branch.  Here we've put the results of this weekend's sprint:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython/branches/sprint1/ipython1/core1

in particular, the above links to where the 'core' will go,
effectively all the components that will make up what today's IPython
is, but isolated into stnadalone entities that can be developed,
tested and reused with more flexibility.

The input filtering will go into the translator module, so I'd suggest
Dan start hacking there.

My intent is to keep the window of trunk+separate core as short as
possible, so that sooner rather than later we can move everyone over
and development effort isn't spread over two codebases.

Obviously we'll still have users on trunk for a while, but if we can
get this codebase to mature quickly, that period won't be too long.