[IPython-dev] bug in ipy_default.py

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 03:37:30 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:

> I think the release plan sounds fine. I would also like to make a
> release of a new pyreadline at the same time. I have a lot of new
> features in the refactor branch that I would like to merge to trunk. But
> there are so many changes to the layout of the code I don't think a
> merge will be possible without a *lot* of conflicts. So I'm thinking I
> should just delete current trunk and copy the refactor branch to trunk.
> Have you thought about how you will do when it's time to switch over to
> the new ipython? If there are no protests I will probably create a
> maintanence branch for 1.3 and do this delete/copy for 1.4 in the next
> couple of days.

Go for it.

When we get to switch, we'll probably make a branch out of the trunk
(for maintenance while people switch) and do as you describe.  A bit
coarse, but effective :)

> I have been experiencing some inconsistencies with tabcompletion of
> filenames recently. I think the new tab-completion hooks work a bit
> different from the normal tab-completion when it comes to escaping
> spaces in filenames. There is also a bug when completing on filenames
> for %run, when the first character is " then you get an exception. I
> could look into this, unless someone else is already looking into it.

I just opened a ticket for it:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/128

At this point anything we don't put into Trac will slip by, I'm afraid.

Anyone is welcome to fix it, of course :)

cheers,