[IPython-dev] Strange bug

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:46:36 EST 2007

[ I've added you to the whitelist on ipython-dev so your messages don't bounce ]

On 1/5/07, Michael McKerns <mmckerns at its.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> I have a evaluation parser inside of pyIDL too.
> Out of curiosity, you may want to take a look
> at the algorithm.  Everything after "END PUBLIC
> METHODS" in rsiidl.py relates to the parsing of
> IDL commands... but the logic is similar to python
> expressions, and for most cases I use re patterns.
>
> This reminds me that we shold talk again soon. :)

Yup :)

Thanks for the pointer.  In this case, I'm pretty sure the fix is
relatively simple once I dig deep enough into the part of the code
that does this parsing; Greg's report was detailed enough that I can
track it down based on his description.