[IPython-dev] Experimental unicode branch

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:10:25 EST 2007

For making some unicode fixes, I created a new branch at:

http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/branches/vivainio/ip_unicode_cleanup

It only has my name to avoid bloating the "branches" namespace -
everyone is welcome to commit some risky unicode-related enhancements
that they don't dare to try on trunk.

It ought to be safe to use this branch, especially if you don't
typically use unicode (paradoxical as it is) and can afford unicode
not working properly all the time. The aim is to use unicode
internally as much as possible, and only coerce to str when necessary.