[IPython-dev] wxIPython

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Mon Dec 3 13:06:09 EST 2007

Gael Varoquaux skrev:
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 11:02:06PM +0100, Laurent Dufrechou wrote:
>>    Hi everybody,
>
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Congratulations for that.
>
> We have currently started an effort to get a wxPython front end for
> Ipython1, the next version of Ipython. It lives in the Ipython1 svn:
> http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython1/trunk/ipython1/fronte
> nd

Hi Gaël,

have you considered basing your effort on pyreadline? It should be
possible to just write a new console class and some functions to handle
the clipboard for wxpython. That way you won't have to reinvent all the
other stuff.

There are currently two console backends, the standard windows console
and one for ironpython. However I have not tested the ironpython version
in a while so it is probably broken now after the latest unicode changes.

/Jörgen