[IPython-dev] test new pyreadline version

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:57:08 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it would be great if some people could try out the new version of
> pyreadline. That is the new trunk version that now lives in svn at
> http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/pyreadline/trunk
>
> I think it is best to check it out in a new directory and not try to
> update if you have used the older trunk version.
>
> You will probably want to upgrade your configuration file to enable new
> interesting features:
> - Keyboard selection for copy/paste
> - Control-c can be used for copy (not enabled by default because it eats
> KeyboardInterupts)
> - It can even be made to run on ironpython with a bit of patching of
> ironpython.
>
> It works quite well for me on my machine but I exepect there are a few
> rough edges that will become apparent by other peoples use. So please
> test it and let me know what you find.
>
> Unfortunately I will be gone on a business trip most of next week, so I
> think a joint release with the new ipython version will be difficult to
> achieve.

Is it as simple as

python setup.py bdist_wininst

?  I just did and I got this:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/pyreadline-1.4.svn.win32.exe

If this is what you need, I'll be happy to make it available on the
main dist/ directory when we get 0.7.4 out the door.  If you can leave
the release announcement written, I'll merge it with the main one and
we can make a joint release.  It doesn't really add much at all to my
workload, so I have no problem doing it if that's OK with you.