[IPython-dev] svnversion used for Release.py

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:03:11 EST 2006

On 11/26/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added a new tool, tools/update_revnum.py that modifies Release.py
> (gets the revision number with svnversion command; svn doesn't support
> getting global revision command via $Revision$ like tags).
>
> Now the distribution names of svn versions are handier:
>
> http://vivainio.googlepages.com/ipython-0.7.3.svn.r1937.win32.exe
>
> I think we could put out a beta / whatever release soon.

You may have already noticed, but %pdb is systematically crashing.
I'm getting the dreaded:

ipdb>q
*** ERROR ***
This version of pdb has a bug and crashed.
Returning to IPython...
WARNING: Failure executing file: <error.py>

on 2.4 and 2.5 for even the most trivial tests.  I won't be able to
debug this before I leave, but I know it was working fine not very
long ago, b/c I use %pdb pretty regularly.  You might have an idea of
what happened here...