[IPython-dev] Suggestions for implementing parallel algorithms?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Thu Nov 16 07:59:39 EST 2006

    >> writes:
    >>
    Brian> But Fernando, do you think that Hg and subversion would
    Brian> play well together?  I don't know much about Hg.

    Ville> Hg and SVN should play as well together as local directory
    Ville> and SVN, in any case. :-)

    >> What about bzr?

    Ville> At this moment, googling around would indicate that Hg is
    Ville> technically better than bzr.

bzr is slow but that isn't an issue for smaller projects.  IIRC Hg
OTOH can't do directory renames yet which bzr can.  That seems the
difference to me.  I believe the bzr folks are working on speed and
that the Hg folks on the rename.  Personally I can put up with a
slower speed for a small tree but renames are really important which
is why I suggested bzr...

cheers,
prabhu