[IPython-dev] new threading issue

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Fri May 19 13:09:54 EDT 2006

Fernando Perez skrev:
> On 5/18/06, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:
>
>> I'll double check tomorrow, but looking at the traceback there seems to
>> be some tk thing going on.
>>
>>      763             def OnTimer(self, event):
>>      764                 update_tk(self.tk)
>>                                 ^^      ^^
>
> And if you look at the code, that's inside the IPShellWX class, so you
> must have been running inside of pylab with a WX* backend.
>
> Note that I'm not disputing the presence of a threading bug, and in
> fact I think I may know what's going on.  I'm just saying that it's
> /impossible/ for this kind of bug to appear with Tk, because we don't
> do any threading whatsoever with Tk backends.
>
> Cheers,

I checked my work computer today and you are of course right I had WXAgg
  in my config file. I usually use Tk so this in combination with the
traceback made me jump to conclusions. Anyway is there any more
information I can gather the next time I have a crash that can help
narrow down the problem?

/Jörgen