[IPython-dev] ipipe news

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Sun Mar 12 17:54:30 EST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:

> Just a heads up - I corrected a minor glitch in ipipe.FieldTable in svn.

Thanks!

> As far as documentation goes, there was some garbage characters that I
> corrected. I guess this is a result of `` (double backtick) being
> translated to accented characters by your keyboard layout.

Exactly! I have to press backtick space backtick space to get ``, which
is really annoying and error prone.

BTW, I've nearly finished a patch that should speed up the display of
large data structures tremendously (this problem was reported by Hans
Meine). As a side effect object can now output colored attributes.

This changes the API for __xrepr__(), but I guess as long as we don't
have a releaase this should be no problem.

Servus,
    Walter