[IPython-dev] ipipe news

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Wed Mar 1 17:14:08 EST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:

> On 3/1/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:
>
>> OK, so just tell me when ipipe is checked in and I'll mail patches from
>> then on.
>
> It's checked in now.

Here's the first patch:
http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/IPython/ipipe.diff

> You might start by shortening the lines in main docstring (ipipe?
> causes some wrappage)

Done!

> and adding some docstrings (minimal is ok), so
> users can get up to speed by using the ? operator.

I hope I can find time for this over the weekend.

Here's the complete list of changes:

"""
Rewrapped docstrings, comments and code to try to get the line length
below 80 characters.

Added two commands to ibrowse: "pickallattrs" picks a complete column,
"markrange" marks all objects from the last marked before the cursor to
the cursor.

Renamed ibrowse commands "sortcolumnasc"/"sortcolumndesc" to
"sortattrasc"/"sortattrdesc"

Fixed NameError when input in ibrowse is empty.

Added classes FieldTable and Fields: This simplifies generating
browsable input. Use those classes where appropriate.

Moved the ibrowse help to a global string that gets split and rewrapped
automatically.
"""

BTW, I you can't type the umlaut-o from my name (e.g. in doc/ChangeLog)
you should transliterate "Dörwald" as "Doerwald" not as "Dorwald". Thanks!

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald