[IPython-dev] Bug in revision 1029+

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Wed Jan 18 16:02:45 EST 2006

Hi

%run seems to have changed how it handles stack frames from revision
1029. The attached python file a.py and b.py works when executed from
the commandline with python a.py and python b.py respectively. See
transcript below.

In revision 1028 %run b.py works but not a.py. 1029+ fails on both %run
a.py and %run b.py. Importing a before executing %run a.py work, but not
%run b.py. Importing b before makes both %run a.py and %run b.py work.

I use this technique to get a function that can return the source of the
  module that the caller is in. If someone knows a better way I'd love
to hear it.

I have done most of the testing of this on windows.

/Jörgen

transcript of commandline use:
 > python a.py
import inspect