[IPython-dev] previous line gives strange results

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Feb 16 05:20:53 EST 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 10:03, Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 08:04:55AM +0200, Ville Vainio wrote:
> > On 2/16/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
> > > I am used to pressing "Alt-P" (from Emacs) in ipython to get the
> > > previous line.  However, with my current version (0.7.2.svn), Alt-P
> > > causes havoc.
> >
> > Do you mean ctrl+p?
>
> No, I mean Alt-p (causes the bug),  while ctrl-P (but not ctrl-p) does
> what I want.

You can use e.g.

  readline_parse_and_bind "\C-l": dump-functions

in ipythonrc to check which function is bound to alt-p/ctrl-P, post the result
and/or change as desired with the same function.

(On my system, I get 'dump-macros can be found on "\M-p".', which may be due
to an inputrc in /etc or $HOME, see "man readline".)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS