[IPython-dev] edited file is readonly how to change?

Jesus Aguillon jesus at aguillon.com
Fri Dec 8 17:27:04 EST 2006

When I edit a file from within IPython and it has a syntax error, the next
time time I try to edit the file it is opened as read-only.  I am using
Windows XP SP2,  IPython 0.7.3b3.r1975 and Gvim 7.0.

I can work around this by writing the file using w! from within vim.  Is
there a way to clear the read-only status on the file without leaving
IPython?  (It is cleared when I exit IPython)

I have tried changing the attribute on the file from Windows, but that
doesn't seem to do it.

Thanks

--
jesusATaguillonDOTcom