[IPython-dev] Servers down? Plus, ignoring SIGINT on 'sh' profile

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 09:22:19 EST 2006

Just a heads up - ipython servers seem to be down at the moment.

Another thing:

I thought about monkeypatching IPython.iplib.ipsystem() in the 'sh'
profile to ignore ctrl + C by doing

old_handler = signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, signal.SIG_IGN)

and restoring the old signal handler after running the system command.
It seems to work on win32, but I need to test in Linux as well (at
home).

Does anyone see any problems with this? In this release it wouldn't be
used in any multithreaded profile.