[IPython-dev] memory leak?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Sat Apr 8 07:59:50 EDT 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 19:45, Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
> The gc.collect() works as long as I have not done something that will
> put results in Out. I have tried Out.clear() and deleting all _x where x
> is a number. But that doesn't do the trick, is there some other way of
> clearing the output cache?

Ah, yes!  That would be a feature I have been looking for many times
already! :-)

Sth. like the following would be great:

%clearout - clear whole cache
%clearout 112 - clear one line
%clearout :100 140:150 113 - clear multiple (sub)ranges

/me looking forward to Fernandos' "That has been there for ages" comment.
(Or to his time machine?) ;-)

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.