[IPython-dev] Re: svn co failed

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Sep 13 13:29:34 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

>>>Mmh, works for me right now.  Can you check again?  It could have been
>>>just a temporary failure.  If it continues to give you trouble, we'll
>>>track it down further.
>>
>>I still have the problem...
>

> It works fine for me, too. What version ofthe svn client are you using?
> I'm using 1.2.1 .

Mmh, it seems like the problem is with Frederic's setup, if I understand this
correctly:

http://www.sipfoundry.org/tools/svn-tips.html

which says:

What does 'REPORT request failed' mean?

When I try to check out a subversion repository

 > svn co http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project

I get an error like:

svn: REPORT request failed on '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/rep/project/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://scm.sipfoundry.org)

You are behind a web proxy that is not passing the WebDAV methods that
subversion uses. You can work around the problem by using SSL to hide what
you're doing from the proxy:

 > svn co https://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project

Frederic, can it be that you are behind such a proxy?  Unfortunately the
ipython server is not setup to serve SVN over SSL, it seems.  I may try to ask
the admin for that, but I have no idea if their infrastructure is set for it
at all.  Can you try tweaks to your proxy side of things?