[IPython-dev] wildcard feature

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:30:55 EDT 2005

On 9/11/05, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:

> I have now worked on Fernando's suggestions and I have a working (with
> my limited testing) implementation. I have made a quick hack to insert
> the functionality to work with ?. This should probably be modified to
> conform to the IPython general design philosophy.

Is it really necessary to use the "?" character, instead of a magic
function? "?" is a bit too "special" IMO, when a more generic solution
would suffice. I recognize the value of the similarity with matlab,
but perhaps we shouldn't add too many special prefixes...

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb