[IPython-dev] wildcard patch

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 15 03:55:10 EST 2005

Jörgen Stenarson wrote:

> I'm all for making the psearch follow the ipython convention. I'll test
> your patch tomorrow.

Don't bother with the patch, please  update SVN.  I had committed some changes
earlier which inadvertedly broke badly globals handling.  At this point it was
easier to just finish up and commit than to try to disentangle that earlier
bad patch (it wasn't all bad, as I needed part of it, but it required refining).

Anwyay, the point is that rather than fight patch problems, I just went ahead
and finished the wildcard rework.  The only thing missing is probably a
mention in the Lyx manual; the actual docstrings and code are now in place, as
well as the ipythonrc support.  Just add this section to your ipythonrc file:

# Wildcard searches - IPython has a system for searching names using
# shell-like wildcards; type %psearch? for details.  This variables sets
# whether by default such searches should be case sensitive or not.  You can
# always override the default at the system command line or the IPython
# prompt.

wildcards_case_sensitive 1

And set the value to 0/1 according to your liking.

Let me know of any problems you encounter.