[IPython-dev] Life after .14...

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue May 31 15:14:41 EDT 2005

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     FM> But I think you should switch from CVS to Subversion for the
>     FM> big cleanup.=20 SVN is much more powerfull, and maybe easier
>     FM> to use. For the common part,=20 you use svn the same way you
>     FM> use cvs, so transition is very easy. And there= =20 are some
>     FM> tools to migrate an entire cvs project into svn one. It works
>     FM> very= =20 well (I used it on 3 or 4 big projects).
>
> +10 :-)

Yes, thanks to both for the reminder.  For whatever odd reason (late
night posting with brain off, probably), svn fell off my mind last
night.  But I've also been using it in other things, and like it a lot.

This is indeed a cleaner solution, and it also means that CVS can stay
in place for the post-.14 bugfixes without branching, while all new
development takes place on SVN.  That way, I don't even have to learn
about CVS branching, which is a good thing :)

So in summary, anyone who wants to send me a patch can do so against
CVS, and once svn is up and running I'll post the info on the list.
I'll do all new work on SVN.

Thanks again,